Birding Tour to Sandakphu-Singalila National Park
Singalila National Park or the Sandakhphu Trek as popularly known, ranges from 2000mts to 3600 mts. The habitat varies from bamboos, oaks, to rhododendron. The trek which starts from Manebhanjan is a spectacular birding trail, which can be covered in 3.5 days.
The interesting birds here are Blood Pheasant, Rufous-bellied Woodpecker, Golden Eagle, Spotted Nutcracker, Plain-backed Thrush, Rufous-breasted Bush Robin, White-throated Redstart, Eurasian Treecreeper, Black-eared Shrike Babbler, Fire-tailed Myzornis, Fulvous and Brown Parrotbill, Alpine, Robin and Brown Accentor; Pink-browed, Dark-rumped, Beautiful, Blandford’s and Spot winged Rosefinches; Collared, Spot winged and White winged Grosbeak; Red Crossbill and so on.
Other than birds, Singalila is known for mammals like Red Panda, Clouded Leopard and Himalayan Black Bear.
Day 1 – Bagdogra to Maneybhanjung (4hrs) (2100m). Overnigh at basic Guest House.
Day 2 – Birding between Maneybhanjung and Tumling (2926m). Overnight at tea house in Tumling.
Day 3 – Birding along the track to Gairibas (2620m). Overnight at Tea House.
Day 4 – Birding along the track to Sandakhpu (3640m). Overnight at tea house.
Day 5 – Return drive to Tumling and overnight at tea house.
Day 6 – Transfer to Maneybhanjung. Change of car and travel to Mirik via Jorepokhri. Overnight at comfortable hotel.
Day 7 – Transfer to Bagdogra (2/3 hrs)
Meeting point: Pick up and drop off is arranged to and from Bagdogra airport.
- Singalila is a high altitude park. Some visitors may need acclimatization.
- Rain is never predictable.
- It is a hilly region. We advise you to carry medicines those having motion sickness.
- Accommodation on twin sharing in basic but clean and comfortable tea houses along the trek route.
- Though the 4X4 land rovers will follow the group walking is required. This is not easy going tour like other places.
- Electricity is available at extra charges at tea houses.
- One night no electricity and common toilets.